Contest Details: From February 14 to February 18, Kirkus Reviews will post three images per day on our Facebook page (random times), each a collage of five children’s book apps for iPad. (Please note: Due to technical difficulties, the way to claim an app has changed from tagging a photo to commenting on a photo.) Contestants must leave a comment with nothing more than the title of one of the book apps in the photo (for example "Green Eggs and Ham" or "The Three Little Pigs.") The first person who names a particular app title will win it. Comments that list more than one title will be disqualified.
Note: To be able to comment on a photo posted on our Facebook page, you must first “like” the page.
After all apps have been awarded, winners will be entered in a random drawing to win a 16GB Apple iPad!
1. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age by February 14, 2011
2. In order to give the greatest number of participants a chance to win, there will be a limit of one win per collage and two wins per individual for the duration of the contest.
3. Winners will have 24 hours to email their exact Facebook name, real name (if different from the one on Facebook) and a viable email address to email@example.com. Otherwise, winner’s comment will be removed, giving someone else the opportunity to win. If an individual forfeits an app, they also forfeit their eligibility for the iPad drawing.
4. Employees of Kirkus Media, Calendar Club LLC, and their immediate family members (i.e. individuals who are primarily related to or lives with employee) are not eligible to enter.
5. App winners will receive one entry in the drawing for a 16GB iPad; winning two apps does not qualify an individual for more than one entry. Drawing will be conducted by Random.org. After winner is selected, entrants may visit Random.org and verify that they were entered in the drawing.
App review winners will be announced on Facebook on a daily basis. iPad winner will be announced on Facebook, Twitter and our company blog on or about February 21, 2011. Kirkus Reviews reserves the right to publicize names of winners and prizes.
Gifted apps are only good in the United States iTunes Store. Should the iPad winner live in a country other than the U.S., all shipping costs and insurance will be their sole responsibility.
*Kirkus Media LLC reserves the right to disqualify a submission on any basis.
To visit our Facebook page, click here.
You can find our app review page here.