How long does it take to convey an “a-ha” moment? Do it in 50 words or 140 characters and you may win a bundle of gifts from Kirkus Reviews. To commemorate the release of Robert Elder’s highly anticipated “It Was Over When…Tales of Romantic Dead Ends” we’re holding a one-day contest to see who can tell us the best breakup story. When did you know you were completely finished with a romantic partner? The Kirkus editors will vote for their favorites, and the entry with the most votes will receive an autographed copy of the book, a gift-basket from Godiva Chocolatier, and a one-month subscription to Match.com.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age by April 1, 2011
2. Contest runs until 11:55 p.m. CST on April 1, 2011
3. Tweets must be no more than 140 characters and must include the hashtag #overwhen (no need to include @kirkusreviews.) Facebook posts must be 50 words or less.
4. Employees of Kirkus Media, Calendar Club LLC, and their immediate family members (i.e. individuals who are primarily related to or lives with employee) are not eligible to enter.
5. Winner will be announced on Twitter, Facebook, and the Kirkus Reviews website on or before April 4, 2011
6. Kirkus Media LLC reserves the right to disqualify a submission on any basis.
Photo Credit: David Goehring, Carbon NYC on Flickr. Licensed under Creative Commons.